5.25.2006

Still out there ...

Well, I survived a weekend in NYC and a birthday dinner at Peter Luger's. I think that will be the last time I try to help put together a family thing -- behind a sister, nearly blind from several eye operations, feeling her way around the table and almost shouting "What's this? What's this?" while touching everything on the table (including a shrimp from the shrimp cocktail) to a mother who felt the need to tip the waiter after we already gave him $75 ... I'm tired of being embarrassed.

Nothing much else is going on ... feeling a little blue. I was supposed to meet someone on Wednesday through Yahoo personals, but she backed out the night before, saying she "had to clean her apartment." Why not just say she had to wash her hair, or tend to a parent undergoing back surgery (Yeah, I've gotten those in the past.) ...it's enough to give someone a complex.

Oh, I forgot, I had one of those.

Let's see, what else ... Lay and Skilling found guilty in the Enron case -- not a shock there, they were tried and convicted when the company went under ... Reggie Bush will wear No. 25 for the Saints instead of No. 5 -- not a shock there either; the NFL isn't called the No Fun League for nothing ... the Royals have lost 13 in a row -- they may not be as bad as the Cubs though.

I'll try to keep up with this a little better. I'm just going through one of those times now.

1 comment:

The Girl in Black said...

I don't think the Royals have slugged anyone... yet.

Season's not over, though.

PS: Don't worry about chickies. They're a pain in the arse.

PPS: I won't go anywhere else with that!