10.06.2005

The Golden Brett

Apparently, Brett Hull will don No. 9 for the Phoenix Coyotes after all.

According to the team's Web site, Hull will wear the number that was retired by the Winnipeg Jets in honor of his father and NHL legend Bobby Hull.

"My brothers and sister and I grew up watching my dad, while wearing No. 9, have success and love life as an NHL player," said Brett Hull. "My children have seen those same images of their grandfather and his passion for the game. Thanks to my dad today, I look forward to my kids being able to see me play with that same passion while also wearing No. 9. I’ll wear it proudly."

Hull will unveil his new number Saturday when the Coyotes play host to Minnesota.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops. Seems like Brett is an ingrate. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AiG7bJ8w1WIP0K_A7tSPG697vLYF?slug=ap-coyotes-hullretires&prov=ap&type=lgns