12.16.2005

Ahhhh-CHOO!

OK ... I know ... I have been remiss in updating this thing, but I have a good reason.

I was sick.

No, really.

Nothing serious, just my first cold in about three years. I am not the best patient in the world. I am irritable. I am cranky. I am bitter. And that's when I am healthy!

Combine that with my poor sleeping habits and you have quite the combination. I think this has something to do with the crazy hours that I work, but every now and then I get into these cycles ... I'll feel like I slept all night, but it turns out to be about three hours. Then I will be up for 20 or so. When I get back to sleep, I'll get another two to four hours and be up 24 easy.

Sometimes it lasts a couple of days. The longest stretch was three months. I am in the midst of one of these stretches right now. The only thing I can only hope is that this ends soon.

Other than that -- and this is for a fan in Kansas -- I see the Royals signed second baseman Mark Grudzielanek and first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz. Hope the needles don't break from overuse when making up those jerseys. Who's next? Garciaparra?

Terrell Owens tells GQ magazine he felt "used" by the Eagles. Funny how nothing is ever his fault. I wonder if he has ever considered therapy. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that.

Henrik Lundqvist is my choice for NHL rookie of the year. Don't know him? Watch the Rangers on MSG or OLN when you can and you will him get better with each game. If he keeps his head on straight, he will become one of the league's all-time best.

What do you think? I would like to know.

No comments: